Minnesota Satisfaction Questionnaire (MSQ)*
Ask yourself: How satisfied am I with this aspect of my job?
5 = Extremely Satisfied
4 = Very Satisfied
3 = Satisfied
2 = Somewhat Satisfied
1 = Not Satisfied
1. Being able to keep busy all the time.
2. The chance to work alone on the job.
3. The chance to do different things from time to time.
4. The chance to be “somebody” in the community.
5. The way my boss handles his/her workers.
6. The competence of my supervisor in making decisions.
7. Being able to do things that don’t go against my conscience.
8. The way my job provides for steady employment.
9. The chance to do things for other people.
10. The chance to tell people what to do.
11. The chance to do something that makes use of my abilities.
12. The way company policies are put into practice.
13. My pay and the amount of work I do.
14. The chances for advancement on this job.
15. The freedom to use my own judgment.
16. The chance to try my own methods of doing the job.
17. The working conditions.
18. The way my co-workers get along with each other.
19. The praise I get for doing a good job.
20. The feeling of accomplishment I get from the job.
* The MSQ is a copyrighted scale which you may use to complete this assignment. Any other use of the scale is prohibited unless the scale is purchased. Ordering information is available here.